[pskmail] Re: Server 0.9.21 issues

  • From: "Eric W. Davenport" <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:53:46 -0400

I think that the APRS is broken also.
My raw reports are showing up in some places as correct but on intramar my longitude is

        001?22'7?W

on aprs.fi
2009-10-13 00:32:18 UTC: *KZ5ED <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KZ5ED>*>PSKAPR,TCPIP*,qAC,T2TUENL:@130032z0035.99NP00082.13W& PSKmail-0.8 PSK250 *[Invalid uncompressed location]
on wulfden Raw Data
*KZ5ED>PSKAPR,TCPIP*,qAC,T2TUENL:@132119z0035.99NP00082.13W& PSKmail-0.8 PSK250 but it shows me in Ghana

I have changed my ssid to KZ5ED-5

My 2 cents

Per Crusefalk wrote:
As discussed today there are a few problems with the server version
0.9.21. I just want to write them down here in case someone else wants
to try that particular version. Also, writing them down makes them
easier to remember and correct (and issue a corrected version).

1. Launching pskmail_server after install gives an error: "Cannot find
executable."

This is caused by rflinkserver.pl is installed with improper
permissions. To correct it issue:
"sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl"

2. File "routes" is missing.

To fix that just issue: "touch ~/.pskmail/routes"

3. Typo in arq.pm, missing comment start causes error during scan.

To fix that edit line 3834 and make it look like:
"$connect_cps = 2; #don't know this mode so have extended timouts"

KZ5ED
Eric
ewdavenport@xxxxxxxxxx