[pskmail] Re: Regarding jPSKmail 1.5 (beta 2)

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 23:46:19 +0100

Hi all,

Yes, we can all agree that the wiki needs some serious maintenance. We
could even start over with a new wiki. Rein has almost done that, the
pskmail.org site is better and contains less baggage. If you have ideas
about how to better organize this then I for one welcome that!

Yes, the server used to have a bug that made arq connections work
really, really bad in north america. It was fine here in europe but it
was terrible over there. David, kf4wbs, tried to call attention to this
issue for a while but it was very difficult to fix it as we could not
recreate the issue. Then we had some long skype sessions where I had two
screens showing both sides of a connection that David had going over
there. That made it obvious that something was terribly wrong and I
could then recreate the issue. So, if you had issues with connected
sessions where the connection would deteriorate and disconnect even when
the signal was good then please have another go. I'm sure it will work
much better now.

Hmm, beacon minute. If the server is scanning then you may want to wait
for it to arrive at the frequency you are listening to. If the server is
listening on the frequency then just go ahead. If it takes a while for
the ping to actually transmit then you probably have the soft DCD in
action. Sometimes I have had that take just too long. Have a look at the
DCD value in preferences and decrease that. This should become much
better once we have the modem part integrated and can use that to have a
better DCD.

73 de Per, sm0rwo