[pskmail] Re2: Re: PSK250 mode

  • From: Roberto IS0GRB <is0grb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:34:04 +0200

Hi Rein, thanks for the info.
I would test the psk250 mode in my server.
I tried to substitute the actual arq.pm of the server-0.5.1 with the arq.pm of the bottom link but the server don't start and reply with errors.
Also a question:
I see that in the last server 0.5.1 the user_db.pl dont reflect the date with the last user_db.pl that you suggested in this mailing list few weeks ago, remember the bug? what version of user_db.pl i must to use?

Best 73

Roberto IS0GRB

Rein Couperus wrote:

John,

when I said "there ae still some issues with version 0.5" I meant the effect you have found, and I have been working on it yesterday.

When on the road last week I found that when using short packets (16 characters payload) there were repeat cycles which could not be explained. The effect was not present when using payloads of 32 or 64 characters, so there was obviously a timing problem. The repeats also made the protocol engine shrink the payload to 8 characters, making the problem worse.

After some analysis during the last few days it turned out that the application did not have enough time to accomodate the packets coming from the interface, and I made some changes to arq.pm so the interface waits until the application in ready with the previous packet.

I can now send a testfile with 8-character payloads without repeats. Which also means the payload length increases quickly to 64 characters because there are no faulty packets anymore, making the problem less. :)

The new arq.pm files are in:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/snapshot/client and http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/snapshot/server

(they are different for server and client at the moment).

Please let me know if the problem goes away.