[pskmail] Re: Re[2]: Ping/Pong

  • From: Lawrence Levesque <ka1vgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rex G. Carr" <rexgcarr@xxxxxxxxx>, pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:44:51 -0500

I just hooked two computer together with sound cards and have a rgeat
diagnostic tool!!

Well, as you suspected, as soon as I put something in the findu password
field, evertthing worked. It appears without anything in that field
everything is moved down in the database and the first field is left
blank.

This is nothing a little bit of error checking won't fix!! I think I am
going to delve into the programming routines you have  written. I want
to see  how easy it will be  to write some routines to keep track of
staions heard on certain frequencies/bands and create a routing table
based on them.

I know the program was not designed wit that in mind but I believe
having a server know where other servers are and able to hand off
traffic to them would be of use.  I might even write my own version of a
server to do this as not to dillute the purpose of PSKmail.

I'll let you know what I come up with.  It  will take some time, I am a
novice programmer...

Thanks for all the help!

--
Larry Levesque