[pskmail] Re: RXTX error

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:49:00 +0200

tis 2009-08-25 klockan 08:56 -0700 skrev kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx:
> PSKmail message from kb1ncj@xxxxxxx
> Hello again. Tried the file copying but still get the error message. Is there
> a config file to manually enter port to? The eee doesn't have any on board
> serial port as you know and maybe the problem? Thanks again. -Greg.

Then I  don't think you have an rxtx problem at all and you were
probably ok after you added the librxtx in synaptic all along (all that
copying was unnecessary).
The message you are seeing says that it could not find any serial ports,
which is correct, and it then disables the device tab as there is no
serial port to fetch gps data from.
There is a drop down there that is fed from rxtx and the serial ports
connected to the system. So, you can only specify a port if it exists.
Just connect that serial port adapter and try again.