[pskmail] Re: Python Client Testing and Stream IDs

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:41:56 +0100

From ARQ2.pdf:
Block type 'c', connection request:
quote
 The connection request will be sent to the 'undefined' stream of the receiving
station,
(i.e. '0'). The Connect Request is by definition block #0.
unquote

I think what you mean is not the stream ID, which is a replacement for the call
signs in ax25,
but the port number which in our case is fixed at 1024 for the client, but can
be changed to
reflect tcp ports as soon as we start programming sockets...
So generally spoken, when a client has more than one connection, it will have
more than
one outgoing port open... These ports would run from 1024 to 32768... Actually,
there is a lot more which has to be defined when we go over to multi-connect.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com