[pskmail] Re: Psklive server, beta 2

  • From: per@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:43:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello Karel,

You have to configure the server. You do that by entering your callsign,
position, serial port for remote control etc. All that is
entered in pskmailrc.pl so you have to edit that.
When you start the server it will connect you to the aprs world and
also talk to pskmail.org for exchange of user data (that was what you saw).

There is currently no dialog window that opens and asks about preferenences,
I don't know if we need one either as this is a server (set it up and
forget it). Perhaps we do. For the client there is a preferences dialog
that opens if settings are missing.

Have a look at http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/Server
At the bottom of the page it talks abot pskmailrc.pl and what you need to
edit in order to get the server running. All the install things on that
page are in the server cd, its just your personal settings that are
missing.

73 de Per, sm0rwo