[pskmail] Re: Psklive server, beta 2

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:31:21 -0500

Hello Per
I downloaded the first version of the live server cd.
What I thought it would do, did not happen. I thought that the CD would give
me the possibilities to setup a PSKmail server. However activating the
pskmailserver on CD, it started connecting to servers in Germany etc.
I think I need some more help to setup the live PSKmailserver.
Thanks in advance.
73
Karel
HC1AKP

2006/11/1, Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi list,

I've been busy here...
This beta comes a bit quick after the last snapshot but I wanted to get
this thing out there anyway as it is now fully functional!

The main difference between the latest snapshot and this beta 2 is gmail
pop, that now works.

Here is summary of changes since the last beta:

* No startup sound (to avoid the vox)
* Numlock is off at startup (password entering problems)
* sndconfig added
* Added ntpd (ntpdate is in there too but ntpd is the future)
* Added TightVNCServer
* Added partimage (good for my lab pc)
* Moved the wordtable stuff to .cbh
* Reduced the size of the iso to 360 Megs
* pop from gmail, using ssl, now works (thanks for the test script Rein)
* live cd installer included (test reports on that are most welcome)

If you downloaded the last snapshot, named pskmailserver061101.iso, then
the main difference is gmail pop that now works.

I will now relax the release cycle a bit and try to collect impressions
and suggestions for an RC and a final version.

What I am thinking about adding:
* A script that copies users home stuff from a removable device
(suggestions welcome regarding how to do that)

Any other suggestions?

The iso is available at:
http://www.crusefalk.se/psklive1101_srv_beta2.iso