[pskmail] Re: Problem with 2.0.11

  • From: Ian Bennett <ibennett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:09:30 +1000

Hello again,
Bit of an update. I plugged in another USB serial adapter and this became /dev/ttyUSB0. I then plugged in my RigExpert and it appeared as /dev/ttyUSB1 (rig cat control) and /dev/ttyUSB2 (PTT control). So now I try PSKMail. Both the port and PTT port have now defaulted to /dev/ttyUSB2 and whilst I can select /dev/ttyUSB1 from the port drop down list, when I "OK" and return to the rig configuration, it has defaulted to /dev/ttyUSB2. It appears as though PSKMail will only use the highest ttyUSB port. If anyone has anymore suggestions, I'd be happy to give them a try.
        BTW, I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop.

Ian
VK1IAN

On 10/05/12 19:24, Ian Bennett wrote:
Evening all,
PSKMail is not allowing me to select my rig properly and control
properly. The rig selection drop down box is not wide enough for me to
read the entire model number.
I have an ICOM IC-706MkIIG and because the selection box isn't big
enough, I see 310 - IC706MkII and 311 - IC706MkII.
I assume the 311 selection is for the MkIIG??
Also, I'm using a RigExpert tiny interface to control my rig. The rig
control interface appears as /dev/ttyUSB0 and the PTT port appears as
/dev/ttyUSB1.
I select /dev/ttyUSB0 for the "port" and /dev/ttyUSB1 for the "PTT port"
and then "OK", there is no activity on the RigExpert. When I go back
into the config, both the port and PTT port settings have reverted to
/dev/ttyUSB1. Nothing I do will keep the port on /dev/ttyUSB0.
This setup works perfectly when using FLDigi as the modem/rig control
with older versions of PSKmail.
Guidance appreciated.

Ian
VK1IAN