[pskmail] Re: Problem sending national characters in e-mails from pskmail 1.5.x

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:29:09 +0100

Il 05/02/2012 11:24, Pär Crusefalk ha scritto:
Hi Franco,

Well, unfortunately there is no asymmetry as its now broken both
ways ;-). You can look at the mbox using another email client but the
MIME headers are mostly removed and for instance that means characters
can be bad and attachments are not working in external email clients.
I agree that it would be nice to transfer the complete message and
adding an smtp server has been discussed. The downside is that most
messages are actually quite small and the size of those will increase
considerably. I'm heading out in the snow now but this is an interesting
subject and we need to discuss this further. A skype session would be
good.

Email sent from jpskmail client to PSKmail server:

Overhead of Mime headers is approx 300 bytes long. This size is important only if mail (From:, To:, Subj: and body) is lesser than 300 - 500 bytes and without attach. Mail now is saved in Outbox folder for transmission and, after sending on air, in a Sentmail file. This need to be changed saving it in a Sent file, in mbox format.

Email sent from server to jpskmail client:

I will do some test. My last test was in September and I was able to save an attach using Evolution as mail client. This is now broken after recent changes?

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW