[pskmail] Re: PSKmailservers in the Pacific

  • From: "Robert J. Krasowski" <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:44:50 -0400

Iridium has global coverage, including south and north pole, EPIRb works
globally as well. Inmarsat has limitations in high lattitudes, so has no
coverage over the poles. Thuraya covers Europe, Asia, Australia.
Do not forget Globstar that is cheap to use but will not work in the middle of
Indian and Pacific Oceans. And sometimes you have to wait for satellite 30 min.
The same apply to SPOT, that use Globalstar satellite network.
Making long story short the only GLOBAL satellite phone system is Iridium.

Robert
KB2PNM

Sent from my iPad