[pskmail] Re: PSKmail jamming itself (30 meter fq)

  • From: Roberto IS0GRB <is0grb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:55:25 +0200

Hi all.
I read all posts, and i'm was thinking what is the better thing.
For me there are no problem to switch on 10.148.25, but having about 10 years
of experience of packet and digital link, as mailbox, aprs, tcp/ip etc, i
think that to guarantee the best performance to each users, that would want
to receive and send email, the best choice is to switch to a frequence don't
occupied from other server.
If a user connect a server and remain few minutes connected to this server,
sending and reading mail and other traffic, you can understand that to stay
all in the same frequency is not the best choice, other users don't operate,
also with other servers.
At the moment there no many users, but in the future?
As pactor, i think the best thing is a new frequency for each server.
Also, i'm testing still the server, and my choice is be to avoid traffic from
my tests to other servers/users.
For me there are no problem to swith, 250Hz up (10.148.750), but i will test
it if there are no interference, i don't have interference at the moment from
anyone from 10.148.25.
I set 10.148.50 because i see in the serverlist, SMORWO in 10.148, PI4TUE in
10.148.25, considering also the bandwidth of PSK125.
We can advise in the site to activate a new server frequency with a space of
500Hz from other servers to avoid interference if some radio is not equidded
with a serious filter and/or if possibile to move the IF SHIFT window to
avoid interference from a near station. Another possibility is to set LSB
with 1KHz up instead USB with 1KHz down. I see that in many moments it solve
many interference.
I'm afraid SMORWO if you had interference from my server.

What do you think?

Best 73

Roberto IS0GRB