[pskmail] Re: PSKmail client install package

  • From: jason matonis <kb2sdrjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:04:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hell Rein,

It's been a while since I have played with Pskmail and have started up again. I
am hoping to get a server going on 30 meters soon.(waiting on some computer
parts) I've been using client0.2.6 and fldigi 1.11 on this computer without
problems. It is a Compaq Armada 110, 800Mhz and 512megs ram, It has Ubuntu
Fiesty Fawn running on it. I wanted to try the latest package and I downloaded
the Install package and followed the instructions on the install.txt . I was
unable to get it going.. I am getting the following message when I tried to run
it:

jmatonis@jmatonis-laptop:~/mail$ ./pskmail
Goto undefined subroutine &DynaLoader::bootstrap_inherit at
/usr/lib/perl/5.8/XSLoader.pm line 95.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Handle.pm line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Handle.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Seekable.pm line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Seekable.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/File.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/File.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 313.

Everything appears to be up to date according to the install instructions on
the Wikispace page.. I am able to run version 5.0 of the client since following
the Wiki install instructions. Also, the new version of fldigi starts and the
waterfall becomes a solid orange..  I would appreciate your feedback on
possible fixes..

Thank you,
Jason
KB2SDR
Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I have uploaded an experimental client
install package to
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/static_image

To install the package follow the instructions in the INSTALL..txt file.
The only thing you have to do is untar the archive in your home directory,it
contains all files
necessary to run the system, including fldigi and its configuration files.

I have tried this on Puppy Linux 2.17 and on UBUNTU Dapper, and there it works.
It would be nice to
hear if it works on other distros as well, and where the limitations with
regard to CPU speed and
memory are.

The footprint of this version is quite big, and depending on the CPU speed
starting pskmail will take quite some time. There is no run-time penalty.

You run the pskmail program with doing:
cd mail
./pskmail
in a terminal.

I cannot make it easier....

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on
Yahoo! TV.