[pskmail] Re: PSKmail PC ?

  • From: kd4e <kd4e@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 13:52:43 -0400

They inexplicably buried the most important
technical details on the Order page.  Huh?

Hardware
[Only 6W :-)] AMD Geode LX700 (x86)
256 MB RAM
4x USB 2.0 ports
Audio in & out
100baseT Ethernet
VGA output
Size: 9.3 x 2.7 x 15 cm
Power: DC in 9V - 1,5A
Weight: 280 gr
Storage
Only external: Linutop comes with a 1 GB USB key containing the operating system and softwares.
Software
Linutop comes with xubuntu, customized for Linutop, including :
Firefox webbrowser
Gaim instant messaging
Abiword word processor

280 euros for one, 2100 for a pack of eight.

73

tis 2007-05-08 klockan 13:16 -0400 skrev kd4e:
2.100 euros

Looks nice... any idea of the price?

Rein

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 18:02 +0200, Per Crusefalk wrote:
Hi,

I just stumbled across this tiny pc called linutop, anyone here tried
that?  Their web page is here: http://www.linutop.com/
In short its a tiny pc, looks like it fits in a pocket, with a pretty
good cpu, no harddisk, soundcard, ethernet and plenty of usb ports etc.
As the name hints it runs linux, xubuntu, and needs only 6 watts to run
(that is a strong point with me as I want it on my boat).
Has anyone tried this or something similar?

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html
Ham QTH: http://mysite.verizon.net/kd4e/