[pskmail] Re: PSKMail: fldigi freezes

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:13:53 -0500

I sail an O'Day 34 foot fiberglass sloop on Pickwick Lake, Tennessee. It is on the Tennessee river created by a hydroelectric dam. I use an insulated backstay for an antenna and the 4000 pound steel keel for the counterpoise. Rig is a Yaesu FT-857 and an LDG AT-100 Pro autotuner.

The head of the Tennessee-Tombigbee waterway is at Pickwick Lake and runs all the way to Mobile Bay at the Gulf of Mexico. However, I have yet to venture to the Gulf, so the boat is totally a fresh water boat.

73,
Fred
wb5con

Rein Couperus wrote:
I have a traditional steel dutch flat bottom sailer (google for 'zeeschouw').
It is 27 ft and I use it on the tidal waters
of the north sea (near the coast) or inland on the frisian lakes. I use 20m of 'end fed inverted vee' with a tuner, the wooden mast is 9 meters high. Rein PA0R
There seem to be several boat owners on this list.  What do you guys have?

I have a Shuttleworth Advantage 44 catamaran that I will have the family on for
6 weeks in June.  I am hoping to install my screwdriver antenna on the boat and
do PSKMail the entire time.  If I run out of time, I will use a vertical dipole.