[pskmail] Re: PSKMAIL SERVER Monitoring

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:06:17 +0200

Hi,

I have moved the beacon up to 18.105 (f0), 18.104.03 and USB on this
Icom 706. I'm thinking thats probably the best frequency for skipping
over the atlantic and reaching the US. I'll let it work there for a
while before perhaps trying 20 meters.

I'm running the server. and writing this, on a thinkpad 600X and that
works great. Good luck with the 600E, thinkpads are great and these old
laptops are pretty inexpensive too (now that is).

Ok abt Mandriva. You could try the disk called "One" instead, that has
most things you need and only use one cd. Its a live distro too so you
can check the 600E before you install.

A quick update on the live distro for server: I have reverted to
Mandriva 2006 for it, had interesting issues with 2007. I started a
build last night and went to bed. This morning I found I had forgotten
to include syslinux (a tiny detail ;-)) so I will try again. Its working
and should just make its way into an iso, will get there soon.