[pskmail] Re: PSK MAIL

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:54:39 +0200

Hi Bob and the list,

Welcome, great to see that you are trying out pskmail and the live cd!
Good to hear that the cd is working great for you. As you are new to
linux I hope that you will not be disappointed by the distro, any errors
in there are caused by me and not by linux ;-)
I'm also glad that the cd is doing what I intended it to do; make it
easier for hams to get on the air on pskmail!

It can take a bit of an effort to get used to linux, don't give up if
you run into something (just ask). But, as you are already up and
running (and on the air) I guess it wasn't too hard anyway.

Yes, a server cd is certainly on my to do list. I have been thinking
about that for quite a while actually. As I have switched server on the
station here several times I would benefit from having such a cd.
I think I may have one ready by next week, I'll be away on a conference
during the weekend so it'll have to wait until next week.
I'll build one on the same base as the client cd and hold on the kernel
upgrades etc until I have a server cd ready.

I hope to see/hear you on the air, perhaps I should move the beacon to
14 or 18 MHz to see if you are able to hear the server ?

Best 73's de Per, sm0rwo