[pskmail] POP3 problem with server

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:58:29 -0600

I now have the client working well. The server works fine for sending mail and retrieving web pages, but will not receive mail. Sending ~QTC 1+ always results in 'No mail' at the client. At the server, the server.log shows;

Call WB5CON-10 o.k.
Got message list
QTC received...

If I send ~MAIL from the client I get no response at the client. At the server, on the main terminal window, I get an error in the POP3Client perl module (line 1075, <GEN2> line 2 ).

I followed the Mandriva server install on the wiki. Upon further study on the wiki, I notice on the UBUNTU install that the perl modules IO::Socket::SSL and NET::SSLeay are required for the SSL version of the server. I have tried installing them from CPAN but have problems similar to those documented on the wiki.

Before digging further into installing those modules, I wanted to get some feedback.

Are those modules now required even for non-SSL use.

Thanks and 73,

Fred - WB5CON