[pskmail] Re: PACTOR III

  • From: Jack Chomley <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:48:39 +1000

At 11:55 AM 3/29/2008, Alan wrote:
Jack
I expect a more "forgiving" error detection algorithm might provide some
advantages in poor conditions and might result in higher throughput under
other conditions.  I don't mean to sound like I am complaining.  I don't
really need any improvement to continue enjoying and learning about digital
HF radio. I am new to this.  I just enjoy thinking about ways to keep
pushing the envelope.  I expect a change to the way checksums are evaluated
by the error correction algorithm would only cost programming time.
73 Alan

There is a lot of good work being done on sound card modes that will see some very good developments in the near future ;-) We sure won't need to worry about choices, the PSK people have the new NUE-PSK standalone modem available now, from George & Milt http://www.nue-psk.com/ That unit will get more features as time goes on. 8-)

73s

Jack VK4JRC