[pskmail] Re: No successful pskmail rx

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:46:52 +0200

Wolf Höller skrev:
Hi Per!

I believe User-U starts in the middle of the passband (1500 Hz), setting dig shift
to 0 means that you are listening at 10148.5 !
An easier way is to set PSK31-U and leave the offset, PSK31-U is centered at
1000 Hz. Working settings for my, brand new, FT-897D are:
Dial fq: 10.147.01
Mode: Dig
Menu #38: PSK31-U
Dig shift: 0

I've made your suggested settings. Sometimes I can see and hear a broad pactor signal (maybe it is pactor) around 900Hz and a loud PSK-signal around 2500 Hz. But nothing at 1000Hz.

BTW: Congrats to your new FT-897D! You will have a lot of fun with it.
Thanks Wolf,

I have used it during my vacation so its not really brand new, but it feels like it :-) I like it a lot, I used to have an FT-817 and I liked that too. But, the dsp is really very good in the 897 and the extra power is nice too. Also, the built in psu is
excellent.

73 de Per