[pskmail] Re: No successful pskmail rx

  • From: Wolf Höller <oe7ftj@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:21:06 +0200

Hi Rein and Per!

The PSk signal at 2500 Hz is actually the APRS frequency with 300 Bd AFSK.
I had ENORMOUS pactor signals when in Friedrichshafen on the Bodensee, and I could only work pskmail servers in Eindhoven and Stockholm when the pactor stations were silent.

You will have LOTS more fun when you use a 500Hz or 300 Hz filter in the FT897D.
Maybe we can set up a sked with Wolfgang, as soon as I am at home again
(probably monday).
I can then put a signal on PI4TUE for a longer time.

I only can switch to CW with default 240Hz filter [DBF], because I have not additional filter. Let me see, what's the (positve?) differences are, when I set the 240Hz filter in CW.

Even if you cannot actually hear the serer you might try the other way around,
send a beacon or a ping (ctrl-P) to the server and look at the log on the
website:
http://131.155.192.174/PI4TUE.php if you are being received... Use several
frequencies 10 Hz apart.  That could help a lot to get you started.

This days I make my first steps in receiving pskmail. Now I have to link my notebook togeher with the FT-897 via my 'DIGI1' (optocoupler) interface for transmitting and switching the ptt.

Now when reading this email I received some frames from PA0R.
--

Wolf Höller, OE7FTJ
ÖVSV-LV Tirol

PR:     oe7ftj@oe7xlr.#oe7.aut.eu