[pskmail] Re: No reporting on connection in PSKAPR list of messages

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:55:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi John,

connects are reported on the APRS backbone with a GATING message. Purpose is to
tell other servers where you are
connected, so the servers know who has to transmit an APRS message when it
arrives for you.
This is a very simple routing scheme. The server displays these as CALL->CALL
when they come in, so you
can easily check if it still works...

There is also the ~ROUTES command, which will display a list of these routes at
the client.

Rein,

I noticed that although I connected to my server (version 1.0.0) yesterday and
two days prior too, it did not report the connection through PSKAPR on the
network.

I seem to remember that connects as well as link requests resulted in a
"Gating" message posted to PSKAPR.

Has anything changed or is it normal?

Regards,

John