[pskmail] Re: No problem with gpsd

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:48:22 +0000

Correction.

The terminal reads:

Program start
GPS:gpsd /dev

Is this right?  It doesn't seem to be as I expect it to read:

GPS: gpsd /dev/rfcomm0

On 3/2/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As already stated in the wiki:

* First start gpsd with you gps connected.
* The man page of gpsd says you start gpsd with 'gpsd /dev/xxx' (gpsd
/dev/ttyUSB0 in my case)
* It also says the -f option is depricated. An -p option is not mentioned
at all  (which is why I did not check it in the first place.)
* Then start the pskmail client. The client checks if gpsd is running (it
looks for 'gpsd /dev in the process table), if yes it starts the gps thread
and the termnal will say 'GPSD /dev/ttyUSB0'.
* Pskmail now uses the gps value for beaconing, either by hand or
automatically.
* The Options display is updated AFTER the first beacon has been sent.
* If there is no gps value the position of the Options dialog will be
used.

Work on UBUNTU 6.06 here.

Rein EA/PA0R/P
--