[pskmail] Re: Next step?

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:15:49 +0100

mån 2007-01-01 klockan 17:45 -0500 skrev Bill - N8ET:
> Hi -
>
> We are getting closer!
>
> N8RMF are up to the next problem.  We have worked out the serial port / ptt
> problems, and successfully exchange info using fldigi psk125.
>
> I have been able to set up a couple of user records for the server - mni tnx!
>
> Now we are trying to get PSKmail Client talking to the server.  When the
> client sends an APRS beacon, the Server sends a QSL.  However - when
> the client pings the server, we are not seeing the server callsign in the
> psk125 transmission that is being sent, and the server does not respond.
> The psk125 transmission is successfully displayed by fldigi.  When the client
> does a coneect to the server, the connect request is dipslayed by fldigi, but
> we do not see the server callsign in the connect request, and the server
> shell displays a message "not my call".
>
> I am not able to find any Hamlib files on the livecd...  I did the install
> from the
> CD, and I do not see them on my hard drive or on the CD. I have version
> that had both the PSKmail client and server on the cd.  Where do I need to
> look?  Otherwise I will try Ed's instructions for downloading/installing
> them.  I
> nned to try that anyway since there are a couple other things I want to get
> installed - Open Office in particular.
>
> Thanks again for everyone's help!

Hi,

First of all, great to see that you are experimenting and having fun!

I see that the PSK_ARQ gui needs to be restarted after you have set the
callsign under options. If you ping right after you have started then it
will not send the server callsign in the pings as you said. Try closing
the PSK_ARQ gui and restart it, that should make it work.
This problem will only appear on that very first start when there are no
options for the gui to use, it will work once you have set those options
and restarted the gui.

Hamlib is under /usr/local/lib, you can just "ls /usr/local/lib/libham*"
to see the files. I don't recommend that you go the manual route on
installing openoffice, there is a lot of dependencies and nice little
problems to take care of... I recommend that you visit
http://www.urpmi.org and add mirrors for urpmi. Then you may very easily
click and install what you want in the rpmdrake gui (which is located in
the menu under System/Configuration/Packaging/"Install, remove & update
software".