[pskmail] Re: Newer USA servers

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:54:30 -0700 (PDT)

My entry should be in the wiki page under AB9FT and its on 24/7. QTH is north
of Milwaukee and south of Green Bay in a city called Sheboygan.  I have
registered to the wiki page and will gladly enter in the other servers if
required.

Also, there is another server in British Columbia (Canada) with the call of
VE7SUN that operates the same frequency. I have not heard KB2PNM in NC for past
few weeks. Fact of the matter, I haven&#39;t been hearing anything on 30m
(outside of 10.147/10.148 and not packet related) ... This is with my new
vertical antenna.

I am investigating on different modes and also may consider advancement of HF
radio down the radio. I would like to do the FT-450D (antenna tuner) but
won&#39;t be able to use 500khz IF filter (want to try boosting s/n ratio
here.) IC-7200 would be a good choice (could be able to use filters and even
eliminate sound-card interface) but no internal tuner.

73
Josh, AB9FT