[pskmail] Re: New to PskMail - Need help setting up mail

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:38:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi Larry,

Pse check that you are using psklive_2007_1_1.iso, you can get that here:
http://www.mannindustries.net/pskmail/psklive_2007_1_1.iso
I know that version does not have problems with unauthenticated pop
servers so pse check your version.

Regarding the server connecting to the pop account you wont need to set
much up at all, the server will use what the client has set in the
database.
The client can update the database from the gui (mail options). You will
need to set up pskmailrc.pl properly and thats pretty much it.

Regarding documentation I can agree with you, the wiki is great and we
need to maintain it as the software evolves. What if we enhance the quick
start page and make it a bit better for the server ?
http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/Quick+start

73 de Per, sm0rwo