[pskmail] Re: New to PSKmail

  • From: Goody K3NG <goody.k3ng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:13:32 -0400

Hello Per,

Last night (after I had posted to the list) I uploaded my email settings. Several times after that the server said something to the effect of "K3NG, pse update our database." I did several uploads after that and it would still give me that message. So, I'm unsure if the settings were actually being written.

Last night I downloaded the PDF on the PSK/ARQ protocol. I like this protocol; it's straightforward and makes sense.

I also got Ubuntu running on an older workstation. I have several old boxes that took Debian or FreeBSD (both without X Windows) quite well, but getting Ubuntu running on one of these older boxes was a challenge due to the extra baggage of X. Maybe it's time I actually got rid of some of this ancient hardware :-)

Regarding DX connecting, I think PSK was a wise choice. I'm wondering if the system could be made in the future to shift into lower level PSK (i.e. PSK31) in extremely bad conditions. The fact that it's open source and there's many different clients is icing on the cake.

73
Goody

Per Crusefalk wrote:
Regarding the email settings and WB5CON I assume that the email seemed
to originate from Rein? If you upload your email settings then that
should be sorted out.
Regarding connect I would just like to brag that I worked AA4V in South
Carolina on 20 meters yesterday (using the server rig and antenna). The
server here is scanning so you should be able to hear it. I also worked
a guy in Beijing and a ZL4 was 59, JA-hams are strong too so chances are
you could work this server.

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/