[pskmail] Re: New test server available for testing

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:30:37 +0100

Hi Fred,

this version can not be locked for PSK500, the problem of course is that
RSID switching is in fact done within fldigi, not in pskmail.

I can make a version for US which looks at the server call, and when the call
starts with a "W, K, or N" I can make sure the server does not switch fldigi
to PSK500, but to PSKR500, which is 2x slower, has a baud rate of 250 Bd and is
more robust.
You will understand that the rest of the world does not want to be subject to
the completely ludicrous 300 Bd limit...

That does of course not prevent fldigi from switching to PSK500, but the server
can
reset it to PSK500R every minute when it is scanning idle.
We use RSID only for connected sessions, i.e. the clients
only send an RSID before a connect request frame. The server sends an RSID
before a mode change and before a poll (the client may have been switched to
another mode).
But during idle the server has RXID rx on, so the client can connect
in a robust mode.

So if you want I can install a "WKN-trap" in the server for US stations...

To be absolutely sure you would have to patch fldigi. Changing the RSID number
of the PSK500 mode will be enough... BTW, the 'WKN-trap' could also be inside
fldigi, that is also software :)

In the mean time, what you can do is patch the mode table in arq.pm to
look like:

2213  if ($Backoff_modeindex > 0 && $Backoff_modeindex < 10) {
                if ($Backoff_modeindex == 9) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "PSK500R";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 8) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "PSK250R";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 7) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "MFSK32";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 6) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "THOR22";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 5) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK250";
                        $MODE[0] = "PSK250R";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 4) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "MFSK32";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 3) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "THOR22";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 2) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK250R";
                        $MODE[0] = "PSK125R";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 1) {
                        $MODE[1] = "MFSK32";
                        $MODE[0] = "MFSK16";
                } elsif ($Backoff_modeindex == 0) {
                        $MODE[1] = "PSK500R";
                        $MODE[0] = "PSK500R";
                }
        }
That will prevent any client from switching a session to PSK500.

Be sure to chage the modes in your freqs.txt file, so
every minute the mode will be reset to the default...

Do you want the next server version to include a 'WKN-trap'?
I don't like to discriminate anyone :)

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com