[pskmail] New live cd from new base distro as well

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 06:45:20 +0100

Hi all,

I have created a new live client cd based upon MCNlive (which in turn is
based upon Mandriva 2007). MCNLive is a very interesting distro and it
adds numerous things that are very nice on a live distro. Among these I
can mention the easy way you can backup and restore your home directory
and you can even create a usb version of the distro to boot off.

As this is based upon Mandriva 2007 there is a new kernel, 2.6.17, and I
have successfully booted this thing on everything I have gotten my hands
on. The old kernel had issues with centrinos and those are gone, this
just works. The new kernel brings support for certain usb connected
goodies also (sound card interfaces, serial port replicators).

As this is a move to a completely new base I will assess what to add in
there, at the moment fldigi with help files, hamlib and pskmail client
is on there and also lots of stuff from MCNlive.

You can fetch the iso at:
http://www.crusefalk.se/psklive.htm