[pskmail] Re: New installers for jPSKmail-2.0.30, updated installers

  • From: Demetre SV1UY <demetre.sv1uy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:26:32 +0200

Hi David,

I've already done this. No joy though. I try to use another soundcard, a
PCI SB live 24, and everytime I restart, both In Sound and Out SOund
defaults to the Out Soundcard, which is the speaker of my Soundcard.

I have temporarily solved this problem by writting a batch file called
javapskmailstart.bat which copies an edited good copy of configuration.xml
and this always works. Of course this is an unorthodox way of dealing with
the problem but it works for me. I will keep using this until Per and Rein
manage to resolve the problem, but I wonder, am I the only one who has this
problem? Am I the only one who uses Windows 7 here?

BTW the program works when I use the default souncard. It doesn't work
(well the RX side doesn't) when I try to use another soundcard. Actually it
is a bad idea to use the default soundcard for any digital mode. because
all sorts of sounds that might be generated by the O/S will be transmitted
on the air, unless you use the PC for PSKmail exclusively.