[pskmail] Re: New improved image for the raspberry pi 2

  • From: Frederic Bouchet <frederic.f4eed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist Pskmail <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:24:00 +0200

hello,

thanks Rein, i'll tried it later...

fred F4EED

I have made a new image for the raspi2 containing the sever +
fldigi-3.21.83.
The server + fldigi now use a ramdisk for normal operation, and the
content is written periodically (every 10 minutes)
to the SSHD card. This will extend the lifetime of the SSD enormously, and
hopefully the frequent crashes and card death
will be a thing of the past.
An SSH server and a vncserver on display :10 are started automatically at
boot time, so you don't need
keyboard/mouse/monitor anymore. A simple tablet running a vnc-client is
sufficient for monitoring/operating the server...
Before starting for the first time, set your call/location in the file
./pskmaildata/pskmailrc.pl (
you can use the leafpad editor for that...)
I am using a rechargeable battery (12V with 5V/2A adapter) for the server
now, so really running 24/24 now :-)

The image can be downloaded at www.pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html

73, Rein PA0R

L'informatique différente : Pourquoi payer le prix fort pour un logiciel ?!

Alors que pour le même prix je peux me payer une formation à l'utilisation
d'un logiciel libre !!