[pskmail] New client version 0.7

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:03:31 +0100

I have released a new client image this morning, version number is 0.7.

Version 0.7 supports the new server speed change and qsy functions:
* Change server speed in connected mode
* Request server to QSY to a traffic frequency (also only during a connect).

Speed change operation has been changed in such a way that:
* If you click on a new speed it will send a speed change request to the server
* After the server has acknowledged receipt and changed speed you have to click
again to change the speed of the client accordingly.
For unproto (APRS) operation the menu function has not changed.
Speeds of PSK63, PSK125 or PSK250 are now possible.

A new menu item 'QSY request' has been added.
When you click that the client will send a ~QSY! to the server. If the server
has been prepared for the qsy function (possible from server version 0.6) it
will
qsy to the new frequency. You will have to set your TRX to the new frequency.

For PI4TUE I have chosen a frequency 500 Hz lower than the the APRS/Calling
frequency.
The server will return to the default frequency within 1 minute of disconnect.

For an existing installation you only need to update:
* psk_arq.pl
* PSKmail.glade

These are available in the SVN repository as well as in in new archive at
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com