[pskmail] New client version 0.2.9

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:03:48 +0100

I also uploaded the files for a client update to:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/PSKmail_client-0.2.9.tar.gz

Significant changes:

* Configuration dialogue instead of pskmailrc.pl file
* Support for GPS (gpsd) built in, beacons posit now from gps
* Server selector on the GUI
* Channel (minute) selector on the GUI.

The configuration dialog should be self-explanatory if you have used the
config file before. You have to restart before the configuration changes
take effect. These changes are put in a file, so normally you only do it
once. The buttons on the top (monitor, debug and raw) don't work yet.

If you want GPS support, be sure to start gpsd before pskmail.
At startup time pskmail checks if gpsd is running. If it finds a 'gpsd
-f' or 'gpsd /dev' in the process table is starts polling gpsd and uses
the gps position in the beacons.

You can also use the gps connection for time synchronization. See 'man
gpsd' on how to do that.

My GPS works fine with /dev/ttyUSB0.

You can use gpsdrive as a monitor for the satellites and the position
(and for other things, like navigation).

To use the server selector, write a little file called .servers,with one
server per line like:
PI4TUE
SM0RWO
ON4KVI

The channel selector will be self-explanatory (I hope).

Enough food for testing again, hope you will be quite busy!!

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P