[pskmail] Re: New beta for pskmail_puppy live CD

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:40:48 -0500

Rein,

The new beta 5 runs great on my old Compaq E500, PIII-450, 192 mB laptop.

It boots on a very old Pentium 200, 92 mB laptop, pskmail runs but fldigi does not start.

73,
Fred - wb5con

Rein Couperus wrote:
The new beta (5) is ready for download/testing, it is at http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/puppy/

I included gpsd (for supporting GPS) and the unix mail client to read the mail.

I could not test gpsd because puppy does not support my USB/RS232 converter.
Start gpsd with 'gpsd /dev/ttyXXX' before starting pskmail if you want to test the GPS.

Evolution has not been included because of size, and there is no package available for puppy (also no sendmail or postfix running (?)).

Most bugs, especially the working of the DCD have been fixed, and I have made icons on the desktop, making operation basically a 2-click affair. Pskmail needs to run from a terminal and that is now started by clicking the icon on the desktop. Running pskmail without a terminal will kill the X server (restart with xwin).

I kept the size under 100 MB, and it runs nicely in RAM on my 192 MB Compaq
700M test laptop.