[pskmail] Re: New PSKmail 0.3.7 downloaded.

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:42:39 -0500

I added the extra two characters with no improvement. I added about 15 extra characters to the end and saw no difference with zero, two, or fifteen. I also cleaned out the ~/.fldigi directory, thinking that something left over might be causing a problem. But, it did not improve.

Still looking.....

73,
Fred WB5CON

Per Crusefalk wrote:
I have heard this happen to clients but not to servers, guess you won
that competition. I dont know what causes it, pulseaudio?

Anyway, I suppose you could try to add extra characters to every frame.
Try changing line 1198 of arq.pm into:
$sendstring = "\037" . $sendstring . "\000" . "--";

The "--" at the end are two extra characters added to each frame.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

mån 2009-08-24 klockan 15:03 -0500 skrev Fred Reiselt:
Well, I have tried fldigi 3.12.3, 3.12.4, 3.10.2, and 3.10. All are cutting off the transmission early. I am using hardware PTT on the serial port with RTS and DTS. I have also tried an older 0.8.8 pskmail server, but no change from 0.9.8. I tried to use VOX on the Kenwood but it only works on the mic jack and not the audio inputs on the rear panel.

Perhaps the install scripts on fldigi did not over write everything when I downgraded. I don't know but I'll keep searching.

This is the same exact hardware I have been using for the last year, except for the new hard drive and rebuilt software.

73,
Fred

PS - The WB5CON-3 is the client laptop and rig.

Russell Blair wrote:
Fred I'm running fldigi 3.12 as well and I loked around to see if I add some
delay and was unable to find anything, It might be in the server software were
you can add some space's as in the Postamble in 0.3.7. I did add some dashs in
the postamble there in 0.3.7..

Russell 1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door! 2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

" IN GOD WE TRUST "
Russell Blair (NC5O)
  Skype-Russell.Blair
  Hell Field #300