[pskmail] More questions and some observations....

  • From: Rob Frohne <rob.frohne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PSKMail <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:38:46 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Here are some things I have observed.

1) It seems that quitting PSKMail is more likely to crash X if
connected.

2) When restarting the server, it is a good idea to restart fldigi too.
I found that fldigi was receiving my signals fine, but the server didn't
seem to get them.  I restarted fldigi and pskmail_server, and all seems
well again.

3)  I was able to list my email using the QTC button.

4)  I was able to download the test file using the ~TEST command.

5)  I notice that when the transceiver changes from transmit to receive,
I get some garbage characters.  These are not between <us> and <eot>,
but before the <us>.  I hope these are not causing errors, but I don't
know how to tell yet.

6)  I note that sometimes my transmitter doubles with the server.  Why
and how can we make this not happen?

7)  I was able to send an APRS email.  And I must say I kind of like
that.  It is about the size of something that I can handle getting
through at PSK250 speed.  :-)

8)  I still haven't figured out how to make the New email thing work.

I'm headed out on our trip tomorrow, so I guess tomorrow is my last
chance to play and have a hand on the server.

73,

Rob, KL7NA