[pskmail] Modes, comparison and usage

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:47:00 +0100

Hi,

As the list is not so busy at the moment I figured I could get some
input for the manual. I would like to include a table in the manual
where its easy to find data about and select a suitable mode for the
current situation. I have started a table where I have filled in some of
the data:

Are there other modes that belong there?

I would like to include some notes from the real world here, I mean like
"not suitable for NVIS" and "excellent for stable bt weak signals".

The bps column can be tricky, many modes only talk about wpm and doesnt
say what word they use (paris?).
Varicode makes it interesting too.

Well, as the list is quiet I welcome any info you may have abt this
interesting subject.