[pskmail] Re: Making Progress!

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:41:49 +0200

Hi Paul,

see my comments below...

> Hello All,
>
> Thanks for all of your help thus far. I think I am very close to getting
> this working!
>
> I now have FLDIGI working and PTT works OK
> When I do "echo "test arq" > gmfsk_autofile" my radio transmits.
> I have filled in the fields in "Options" with:
>
> My Call: AE6JN
> Link To VE7SUN
> Block Length 5
> Latitude 33.8958
> Longitude 118.042
> Beacon QRG Nr. 1
>
> I see the words Off-line at the bottom of the psk_arq window
> If I type in VE7SUN in the space under "MAIL/APRS" and press the connect
> button nothing happens.

Probably pskmail writes to the wrong directory. What version are you using?
On version 0.4.beta1 or 2 start the config dialogue and make sure the
'Inputfile'
and 'Outputfile' are pointing to the right spot. So if in the above example
could get fldigi to TX by writing to ~/gmfsk_autofile, you put 'gmfsk_autofile'
into the Outputfile dialog box. Same with gMFSK.log and the Inputfile box.
The path in config is relative to your home directory. Dont put '~/' in front
of the file names.

> I notice in the terminal window for psk_arq.pl it says:
>
> Program start
> X Error: BadDevice. Invalid or uninitialized input device 166
> Major opcode: 144
> Minor opcode: 3
> Resource id: 0x0
> Failed to open device

This error does not come from pskmail, it is an error in Kubuntu which tries to
open a
waco tablet device. You can ignore this error message.

The other error messages are also ok, they are related to starting/stopping
certain threads
which open/close pipes in pskmail.

By the way, once you get everything running you can switch off these error
messages
by uncommenting the 'open' statements in lines 89 and 90 of psk_arq.pl.

Hope this helps,

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com