[pskmail] Re: Mail delete

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:00:10 +0100 (CET)

Franco,

the delete mail function works via POP3 in your Gmail mailbox,
so you actually delete the mal form Gmail.
That is why you need a connection to a pskmail server,
it works as a proxy for POP3.

The numbers in the headers list are the numbers in your ISP mailbox.
Which means that if you delete mails half way from the list, the numbers
after that change.

If you are careful, and delete always from the end, you don't need
to rebuild the headers list.

If you want to delete a mail somewhere else in the list, you have to
purge the headers list (files->clear->headers) and build a new one
which represents the numbers in your gmail box.

To delete the mails from your inbox is more difficult, as the mails
are stored in an mbox file.

I use the sylpheed mail client, which is mbox compatible,  to handle the Inbox.