[pskmail] Linux newbie help

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:13:32 -0500

Hi -

As per my last post, I have gotten PSKmail to work using a CD with Puppy.
Now I am trying to get my laptop going.  I have Mandriva loaded on the
laptop (from PSKmail live CD from last May or so).  I am trying to update
fldigi and PSKmail so that I have the latest versions on the laptop.

I have downloaded fldigi-2.07.bin.tar, and I think I have extracted fldigi from
it (I have a 1.6 mb fldigi file in /home/guest)  When I double click on that
fldigi file, nothing happens.  I have downloaded hamlib-1.2.6 and have those
files in /usr/lib.

What else do I need to do to get flidigi going?

Then I can look at getting the latest PSKmail loaded...

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US