[pskmail] Re: Linux install for PSKmail server?

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew,

The use of Ubuntu, as David, has mentioned is a reasonably good choice for
PSKMail. Debian is also a very good choice distribution to use as well. Any
Linux distribution can install PSKMail, but those two are better because there
are scripts that installs everything. I have done it with Fedora and found it
to be a pain because it doesn't have all of the packages for the multitude of
Perl modules necessary for PSKMail. It has most but not all which requires to
find them and install them manually. Its even worse if you have to compile them
all by hand! CentOS, strangely enough, with the use of additional repositories
has all of this but I cannot compile FLdigi with it.  SuSE, I cannot comment as
I never tried it.

73
Josh, AB9FT