[pskmail] Re: Languages in Pskmail

  • From: "jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx" <jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:42:41 +1100

Hi Per,
What would you do on a Linux Ubuntu system to get back to the English langage while running jPSKMail ?
Mange Takk - Jean-Claude - FK8IH

On 21/02/2012 21:55, Pär Crusefalk wrote :
Hi Jimi,

What you can do is to set a different locale when you start the
application. If you want to start jpskmail using english then you can
create a new application shortcut (or just edit the one you have) and
add a setting to the runtime there. I'm running windows 7 (64) here at
work and I edited my shortcut to look like:
C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe -Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en
-Duser.variant=Traditional_WIN -jar "C:\Program Files
(x86)\jPSKmail\javapskmail.jar"

The trick is the -D that lets you set things at startup, you can try
other languages this way also. Just right click on the jpskmail
application shortcut, select properties and edit the target string.

Regarding the link and email passwords they do not have to be the same.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

F4DLM skrev 2012-02-21 10:21:
Hi all,

Is there any way for Pskmail to forget one's native language ? I'd like
to have it (back ?) in english, in order to find my way around more
easily, thanks to manuals, wikis, and this mailing list.

Another newbie question : does the link password have to be the same as
the email password ? Or do I have to write the link password between the
:SETPASSWORD and the<enter>  ?

73 de F4DLM, Jimi