[pskmail] Re: Java client on Linux and Windows

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 04:47:53 +1100

Rein, Per,

Thank you for your replies. Here are my comments:

A. Coordinates in decimal degrees or in degrees and minutes. Personally when
using moving maps for land navigation I can switch between the two, so no
great deal. I am slightly more comfortable with decimal degrees but it is
not important in the scheme of things.

B. Yes the compass emulation is easy to read for me.

C. No question that in Mail/scanning mode letting the client wait for the
right minute is good. My point was about subsequent repeat connects if
required. The reason being that I used to have a lot of overlaps between the
client and server with the client sending a new connect request and the
server sending the initial post connect information (the one with the number
of emails). Hence my current preference for the manual repeats after the
(automatic) first connect request. It feels like I am more in control of the
connect process. But that may be only me.

D. Regarding the THOR issue I will do the preliminary research on this issue
and will come back to you. I realise that you have a lot on your plate. I
was more about a pointer to start researching the problem. So I will look in
details at arq.pm. Thanks.

73s, John (VK2ETA)