[pskmail] Re: Introduction

  • From: William <va3udp@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:52:43 +0100

Le 08-11-06 à 15:26, Rein Couperus a écrit :

I normally can work SM0RWO on 30 meters during the day time from your qth.

Good to know. One difference may be that the house is in the lower part of the casco antiguo, backing onto the hill. I know this affects my radiation
pattern, but I normally can see Northern Europe quite well.

Maybe you can put a beacon on 10148 so we can check the logs to see if
you are getting through. I can hear IS0GRB-3 here very well, but
DK4XI-0 is too close to work. At the moment SM0RWO-9 is booming in here with a fish pole antenna (S9+). You should listen in the first 5 minutes of the hour for the beacons. You can check the on-line logs from PI4TUE and SM0RWO to see
if your beacons make it (www.pskmail.it).

Ok, I've put a beacon on, callsig VE2WSW and /EA5 in the comment as
suggested. Not much daytime left though.

Later this evening I'll try adjusting the coils on the antenna (antenna
http://irl.styx.org/~va3udp/ea5_ve2wsw.shtml) to see if I can get a
better match for 30m, potentially without a tuner.

A+

73 de William EA5/VE2WSW
va3udp /@/ rac.ca