[pskmail] Introduction

  • From: William <va3udp@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:31:58 +0100

Hello all,

I am new to pskmail and have just subscribed to this list and
thought to send this introductory email. I am licensed since
2004 and my professional background is in unix systems and
network engineering. I am very much looking forward to
contributing to the pskmail community. I have a few thoughts
that I have been discussing in private email with PA0R that
I'll post to the list shortly.

On a practical note, I have yet to successfully connect to
any of the pskmail servers! Because of space constraints at
my current QTH, I suspect my antenna is not very efficient on
30m, nevertheless I am currently tuned at 10.148MHz. On 20m,
I have been able to have solid PSK31 QSOs in the neighbourhood
of DK4XI-2 (most recently with an OM in Lahnstein), and can
see the beacons from it, but get no response to my ping or
conect messages. Likewise on 30m at the moment, no responses,
though I just now saw,

quite clearly...

73 de William EA5/VE2WSW
va3udp /@/ rac.ca