[pskmail] Re: Installation of PSKmail Client on Ubuntu 11.10 -instruction

  • From: "jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx" <jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:22:04 +1100

On 23/11/2011 03:36, Robert Krasowski wrote :
Navtex software: http://arachnoid.com/JNX/index.html
WeatherFax : http://arachnoid.com/JWX/index.html
Let me know jean-Claude if you have any questions. You will need Java to run these.
73
Robert
KB2PNM

Thank you Robert. I installed JWX on my laptop (running Ubuntu 10.04) and ran it aboard my sailboat (FT897D + SignaLinkUSB + 12.5M isolated backstay with CG3000ATU and a bronze plate under the hull). I tested it today in New Caledonia with WELLINGTON - New Zealand fax station ZKLF and it works NICELY. I shall recommend this nice piece of software and finds it easier and better than fldigi wefax.
73 - Jean-Claude - FK8IH