[pskmail] Re: Installation of PSKmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:23:04 +0200 (CEST)

hey Bob,

The server is only available on Linux at the moment.
Probably the easyest way to test a server on a window$ machine is to use the
puppy liveCD I prepared, which allows you to test without touching the VISTA
system.

The server on the CD is pre-configured, and the only thing you have to change
is the
CALLSIGN, the location and the beacon message.

You need the CD to boot the system, and after  that it runs in RAM. You can
remove the CD from the drive as soon as it runs.

To make the server parameters permanent puppy will allow you to put the whole
image into a file
on your windows drive. That file will be loaded upon the next boot of the live
CD.

The latest CD image is in http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/liveCDs , and
is called
puppy_pskmail_server-1.0.0.iso . The image is 160 MB. Burn a CD and boot...

If you want to go this way I can provide a new image with the latest server
version (1.0.20) at a later
stage , but the one on the CD is ok for testing.

(I copied this mail to the pskmail list, because there may be others interested
in starting a server
in your neighbourhood :).