[pskmail] Re: Install of Pskmail Server on Ubuntu - Fldigi issue

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:35:33 +0200

Hi John,

I installed 9.04 with the latest server this weekend. I had no trouble
at all with the install of the server, the libinstall and install
scripts were both fine for me. I installed the latest fldigi but
realized it was bad and reverted to 3.10. The problem was that the afc
was unlimited, it started wandering about without limits (as others
stated earlier). Also I had 50-60% cpu when using the best interpolator
(on a 2 GHz P4) and it was way less than that on 3.10.

The server gave me some problems. It seems that the date command in
ubuntu 9.04 now reports dates using local day names etc. That caused
several regexps to fail and I had to patch arq.pm to get around it. I
believe we have to remove all raw usage of 'date -u' from the code and
use perls own date and time handling to be future proof. I have
submitted the first patch there (I'll post more when subversion is
updated (hint ;-)).

73 de Per, sm0rwo