[pskmail] Re: Info on PSKMail client

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:53:04 +0100 (CET)

>Here my test-bed:
>
>- I am using 0.5 (0.4.9.9) java client
>- I am running Linux so, according to site, no Intermar client test is
>   possible (windows only)
>- I will test Rein suggestion on a Intermar server and on a 10.147
>   server
>- There is no bullettin activity on 10.147 server so, in my rx-only
>   test, I can't get any text in  terminal tab. Correct?

That is right... there is no bulletin broadcasting on 10147.0... the
broadcasts are on 10148.0, and they are specially for sailing hams.
The broadcasts are in mode PSK250.
We separate these functions because the broadcasting and APRS traffic
is disturbing email traffic, and email and web access traffic disturbs
broadcasts.
So there is a very good reason to separate these functions and put them on
different frequencies...

>For the server list, I have received some beacon from IS0GRB and from
>SM0RW0 but no server list was saved on my config.
>Why not a possibility to save different setup associated to different
>server?

The server lists are dynamic, and are erased before a restart.
To be in the servers drop down list, a beacon has to be received without error.
You can put a server call into the list manually if you want...
Maybe in future versions of the client we will store the lists.

One function which may be interesting in the future is a scanning function
for the client, so you can tell it to go to another frequency to pick up a
broadcast,
and come back...
But we want to release a stable client first :)

We are always interested if you need a function which is not yet there,
ideas are welcome.