[pskmail] IS0GRB-3 Server info

  • From: Roberto IS0GRB <is0grb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:34:10 +0200

Hi Rein and all.
Rein very good for your presentation and the new HB9XQ server. In which frequency it is situated?

Today i have ended to arrange my pskmail server.
Now work with a Pentium IV 2400MHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, RedHat Linux Enterprise AS 4.0, fldigi v.1.342 and server v.0.4.0. The system now has 2 UPS of 1200VA; 1 for the server + internet routers (dsl + hdsl), and 1 for the power supply + radio. Today i have finishes my month of test, from 7 of september 2007, and i think that the server will be up 24h a day. The TX audio section has been set up with a 30Mhz oscilloscope, using the section X-Y, to obtain a linear signal without distorsion setting the vertical TX cursor in the fldigi panel, and the RX section testing low signals during many QRM; the best set up for me in RX is to set the RX cursor about 1/6 from the bottom; i see that incresing this with high signals the decode is not good and there are many error..signals of 9+10, 9+20 etc. Others best setup in the fldigi for me are: 0 (for the upper signal limit in dB) and 80 (for the signal range in dB), to garantee to my server the perfect demodulation of transmissions with low audio signals or during QRM.
Is it interesting to know all yours set up in this sections.
With this settings in TX my radio work with about 75 Watt during modulation.
Every planned modifics or upgrades will be posted in a site or in this list.
I hope to give my contribution to develop the system.
I think a good idea is create on the site a dedicated area where insert informations as this, to inform immediatly all users of the planned upgrades or modifics. Many thanks for your interesting Rein to develop this system and thanks to all other hams that are running a server in this moment. Special thanks go to all ham users that are tested and testing my server, PE5YES, G4PBF, ON4KVI, IS0XDA etc.

Best 73

Roberto IS0GRB
is0grb@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.is0grb.it